Sunday, 27 April 2014

Leaving Liverpool for Africa

Liverpool

I have been living in Liverpool for almost 2 years and have come to love the city, not to mention the Lambananas. 



Super Lambanana 

Liverpool is a busy, vibrant and friendly place. I’ve spent plenty of happy evenings in both Awesome walls and the Climbing Hangar - regardless of whether I’ve had the energy to climb or have just been lazing around on the mats chatting.

Outdoors

One of the big bonuses of Liverpool is how close it is to North Wales and over the time I was there, I did manage to explore a few of the crags. My favourite day out was probably a sunny day at LPT with friends. This really is an impressive crag and one I would like to spend more time at. It’s right on the coast and some dolphins even paid us a visit!  

I’ve also had good days out at some of the A55 crags including Dinbren, Llandullas and the surprisingly picturesque Waterfall crag at Dyserth. I was even psyched for the infamous Parisellas cave, but never managed to put enough time into that place.

Away from North Wales I have fitted in a few sessions around Sheffield where after a struggle I found myself at the top of ‘too old to be bold’ (7c) at Rubicon.

Africa

Now though, it’s on to new adventures as I have been given an opportunity to work in Malawi, Africa for several months. I wasn’t sure how much climbing there would be until I saw the following video of bouldering in Malawi! 



I am now writing this from Africa where I have arrived, with a bouldering pad. As ever, I don’t know what I will find but I’m ready for an adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment