My current focus is training for the Vienna round of the Bouldering world cup in 8 weeks time. Sadly its possible that this could be the only international comp I get to go to. However, this fact has concentrated my mind on training. Even though realistically the gains that can be made in 8 weeks are fairly small, I’m determined to do everything that I can. I’ve even begun to properly work on dynamic climbing and jumps after some useful coaching from Dave Mason. Considering that my current ability to do dynamic moves is so low I reckon this is a good example of an area that I could make a genuine improvement in a limited period of time (i.e. 8 weeks). After all, there’s not much point training really hard in other areas just to give it all up in a comp because I couldn’t dyno the last move.
And finally…for the first time in way too long to admit I actually had a session outside, at Burbage South. Once I’d finally worked out the beta I got myself up violence (V7, North quarry) before heading further along the crag where pebble mill traverse caught my eye. I thought I would just try it for a few minutes but my stubbornness kicked in and I couldn’t leave until I had worked out all the moves but in the end I was too tired to put it all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment